The above screenshot perfectly explains the priority India gives for education.
Does any country that doesn’t invest in youth deserve a bright future?
- Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) slashes it’s library budget from 8 crores to 1.7 crores. An 80% drop.
- Government stops any additional funding to the 6 new IIMS and wants them to take loans to fund their construction.
- Govt. refuses to sanction Rs 8700 crores to IITs under Project Vishwajeet to fund their infrastructure needs.
- TISS suffers as MHRD withholds disbursal.
- IIT- Mumbai fails to give salaries on time.
- UGC cuts spending in research centers dealing with Social discrimination.
Read: India’s voting history
The uneducated not realizing the importance of education is one thing, what baffles me is that some of the supposedly educated folks think it is OK to not invest in India’s future.
And that actually distresses me. One of the most stupid question I’ve come across is : Why should my tax money fund JNUs, IITs etc.? And moreover, after availing themselves of public education, they do not see any value in investing in the long term future of the nation.
Unfortunately the reality in India is that investment in Education and Health do not get the votes, bombastic diatribe and false promises does, else India would have excelled in both education and health.
They believe in Hindu/Muslim propaganda only and fool the people to come to power. The political parties took people for granted that we don’t think much and blindly follow them like a BJP Bhakt, to say, and everyone knows who are Bhakts. People with too much free time on their hands who just spread fake news everywhere. They don’t need food, job resources, and nation’s development, instead they just fool themselves by making fun of Rahul Gandhi and Kejriwal.
That’s not to say Congress government was better, it’s just to make a point that in the times when government should be caring more about real issues such as creating jobs, strengthening education sector and healthcare sector, instead hundreds of crores are going to build statues.
Facts source: [Business Insider]